Sort of Crafty

want to see what i am making? check back here...

My Photo
Name:
Location: outside pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States

just a normal person who likes crafting and music better than most things. i really like hand clapping in songs, a lot. hopefully one day i'll grow up to become a librarian, no seriously i do want to be a librarian... i like photobooths also. i dislike computer voices, a lot.

6.25.2005

this blog is about to get a bit nasty

for those easily offended, i ask you to not read this post, it will be mean spirited to say the least.

yesterday was one of those horrible commutes that makes me think that maybe i am not cut out for the real world, like i should work at home only. allow me to set the scene up, it's hot out, the train is late (i am not able to take my usual commuter train since i had a late meeting at work and so i need to take a later train), it's friday so i am anxious to get home. finally the train is ready, get on, sit down in a three seater (my commuter train typically has a set of two rows, a set of two seats and then a set of three seats, i always opt for the three seater b/c it is RARE that someone needs to sit in that middle seat...) i look around, train is not that full. then outta no where this guy says he wants to sit in the middle seat, why since there are other seats not occupied, i don't know. so now, there are other rows with open seats (1 person in a two seater, etc) and this dude wants to sit three people in a three across. then i notice he stinks. AND THEN he pulls out a newspaper and is flailing around open the paper, getting it just right. urgh. aren't these basic rules of commuting, when you have someone who has to sit next to you, you give up certain rights. you don't see me trying to knit with someone directly next to me, do you??? so i am irritated and sit there with my hand casually up against my face to cover my nose from the BO factor.
somone gets off and then he moves over to the window, great, i don't have this guy pressed up against me any more. THEN a girl gets on at another stop with what i can only discern was a bike that folded up into a bag. she wants to sit next to me. no not in the middle seat. could she possibly have the aisle seat to hold her bike in a bag, now i understand that you have some unruly luggage, but now i am up against the terrible man AGAIN!!! urgh. i love that this guy also sat at an angle so his leg was pressed against me the whole way home. i hope that this will count towards some sort of good karma thing so that i don't have to have this type of experience again anytime soon.

this all makes me think just so lame of a person i am, i can't take all this public exposure, especially when it's all hot out. maybe i shouldn't become a librarian, but rather something that involves not dealing with people at all.

anyway, that's my terrible rant for the day. please forgive me.

it is now quarter of three and i have just showered b/c i remained lazy all morning (mainly sitting on the couch watching blow dry on bravo....) ok, over and out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home