Sort of Crafty

want to see what i am making? check back here...

My Photo
Name:
Location: outside pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States

just a normal person who likes crafting and music better than most things. i really like hand clapping in songs, a lot. hopefully one day i'll grow up to become a librarian, no seriously i do want to be a librarian... i like photobooths also. i dislike computer voices, a lot.

5.30.2006

Denis Leary Loves Twilight Singers

like we didn't know this already.... glad someone else caught on too...


stereogum
Music examined through the prism of pop culture.

Denis Leary Loves Twilight Singers

By scott on MP3

Fiery FX drama Rescue Me premieres tonight, and its star/executive producer is taking some interview opportunities to give free publicity to the new Twilight Singers album.

Denis hit The Daily Show earlier this month and brought the CD with him:

"This is an album I had nothing to do with. It's the best album I heard in ten years. It's called Powder Burns by the Twilight Singers."
He also says in the new Entertainment Weekly.
"[Powder Burns] is one of the best rock albums I've heard in 10 years. Thematically, it seems like it's all connected to a dark story of addiction. It's really powerful."
Greg Dulli's autobiographical tales of drug dependency do make for a great record. Especially if you like dense, guitar rock with a shot of depressing. Turns out, the song I picked to share with you is on the excellent Rescue Me soundtrack.

The Twilight Singers - "Bonnie Brae" (MP3)

Don't tell Denis the show's website never heard of them:

At last night's Boston gig, Twilight Scissors Singers did Gnarls Barkley's "Crazy." (They're a great cover band too.) I'll keep an ear out for MP3.

I should mention that "Bonnie Brae" song features Ani Difranco. Dulli told Billboard:

"I'll tell you, I love the wall-of-sound. I really do. I love layering and I love the discovery of new parts to go with other parts. That song in particular sonically came alive when I added the mellotron to it. And then when Ani did her harmony vocals at the end, it sonically blows my mind. So, that song in particular, it's one of my favorites I've done in the last couple of years."
Stream more Powder Burns here.



2 Comments:

Blogger SOVIETS said...

there is no time. we must get out. triangles. vegetables. oil. homegirl, there will be nothing left if we don't hurry.

M.

7:49 PM  
Blogger amy said...

you think i don't know this. it's all up to you mister.

9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home