Sort of Crafty

want to see what i am making? check back here...

My Photo
Name:
Location: outside pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States

just a normal person who likes crafting and music better than most things. i really like hand clapping in songs, a lot. hopefully one day i'll grow up to become a librarian, no seriously i do want to be a librarian... i like photobooths also. i dislike computer voices, a lot.

3.16.2005

legwarmer, you should have been watching grounded for life, but now it's too late...


update on the legwarmer, it's coming along, i plan on making the stripes totally random. so a few other random things to discuss.
i used to religiously watch grounded for life, it was such a fantastic show and then it was ripped from the airwaves by the wb (after being discarded by fox.. can you believe??? i mean donal logue went to harvard folks, i guess that's why it couldn't stay on fox, too good? don't know) so i don't watch that much tv (and actually no tv after 8 PM, not to sound pretentious or anything, i digress...) so i had this extra half hour of tv time i could dedicate to something else, so i have put my support now behind scrubs. wow that show is so freaking funny and just awesome. who doesn't love the braff??? i guess i am just trying to say, support good tv people, not american idol!!! that is all

oh, except for this. i must direct you to read McSweeney's. McSweeney's freaking rocks, plus they run a writing program for inner city kids, SUPPORTED IN PART BY A PIRATE SUPPLY STORE!!! HOW CAN YOU GO WRONG??? Right, over and out.
Posted by Hello

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Amy!
It's Fran Zauhar: can you believe what a small world it is? I saw your email address in the crouwd of addresses on something Natasha sent me and asked if it was you. She told me she thinks so except that you thought I had black hair and I didn't match your description. But it's me. And I'm a redhead for now. I figured that while my hair was going through change o'life and I wasn't really keen on the cruella-deville-like streak of real black hair that was cutting a swath through all the gray and white, I might as well enjoy playing with other colors. I'm not brave enough for colors that don't occur in nature, but I'm makin' progress . . . .
How cool that we both know Natasha! and how even cooler that we both (re)discovered knitting. I finished a really nice (if I say so) table runner that I made as a gift for my sister from yarns that grow in the colors that they are (badly phrased way of saying they're not dyed). I'm working on a couple of ponchos for my neices (ages 4 and 7); I'm hopin' to finish them next week. I also started knitting another table runner; I like making table-linen-type stuff rather than clothing because one doesn't need to be too picky about the gauge. Altho I am. Miss Anal-Retentive here, I'm afraid. I'm trying not to spend too much on yarn and paraphernalia, but my husband noted with some alarm this morning that when we passed the mall and I noted they were advertising a super-sale at Michaels scheduled for later this week, I also knew that the sale would coincide with the opening of the Jo-Ann's superstore. oops.
Don't wanna take up too much space; this is, after all, YOUR blog. . . . email me sometime, and I'll check in here again, too.

9:37 AM  
Blogger natasha said...

was it a surprise? i could barely keep my trap shut.

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home