Sort of Crafty

want to see what i am making? check back here...

My Photo
Name:
Location: outside pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States

just a normal person who likes crafting and music better than most things. i really like hand clapping in songs, a lot. hopefully one day i'll grow up to become a librarian, no seriously i do want to be a librarian... i like photobooths also. i dislike computer voices, a lot.

5.20.2005

pittsburgh weird

well i guess it's been confirmed:
from the postgazette
Interview with Alexander Boese (December 2002, SFgate.com), curator of the online rogue's gallery, museumofhoaxes.com:
Q. Not that I'm asking you to psychoanalyze yourself -- or maybe I am -- but what is it about lying and deception that so fascinates you personally?
A. Hoaxes can be funny and weird, and that's a large part of their appeal. I've definitely been attracted to stories and tales about weird phenomena throughout my life. My mother's family comes from the Pittsburgh area, and people from around there tell me that I got the "Pittsburgh gene," which is like a gene for weirdness. Its existence is demonstrated by the fact that so many people from that region of the country have shown a definite propensity for weirdness, Andy Warhol probably being the most famous of them. I have a great uncle who invented a camera that can take pictures of the little people that live on plants. Evidently, he got the Pittsburgh gene, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home